Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 21 - "adopted" family

A year or so after moving to Michigan, I began working with a family, helping out with their new babies and a spunky 5 year old.  Little did I know that 7 1/2 years later, they would be some of the most important people in my life!  I have been incredibly blessed to know this family, to spend hours reading, playing, comforting, feeding, diaper changing, spit-up cleaning, laughing, listening, talking, and more with these kiddos and their parents!  I've grown so much because of Rob, Karen and the kids!  Rob and Karen have provided encouragement, a listening ear, and advice to both me and Jon.  They've spoken honestly and with genuine care.  I could go on and on about how much I've benefited from them, and hope that they have from me in some way!  I am forever grateful for each of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment