Tuesday, May 1, 2012

35 Week Checkup

Yesterday afternoon, we went to my 35 week appointment! Jon came along again since we also had our last child prep class that evening in Hays. I love that he has been able to come to so many of the appointments with me!! Once again, I didn't really have too many questions for the doc when we arrived; however, we ended up having a great conversation with him about our expectations and desires for the birth experience, and he did a very good job at explaining different scenarios that would lead to a c-section, induction, etc. We really appreciate how direct he is while also feeling comfortable with our wishes.

The one concern I did have as a first time preggo is the pelvic muscle pain that I've been having the last couple of weeks - mostly when I stand up and walk. Thankfully, I'd already reassured myself (even if falsely prior to the dr. appointment) that it was not some type of infection that I was experiencing, but that it was the baby putting pressure on the muscles. Turns out, that is correct :) whew! The nurse told us all about relaxin and how it impacts me at this stage of pregnancy which put my mind at ease!

So, after the usual start to the appointment - blood pressure check, listening to the heart beat and measuring, here is where we're at:
  • Heart rate - 128: an all-time low :)
  • measured 36 weeks
Then we had the convo with the doc that I already mentioned followed by the exam. They did the Group B Strep test and the doc confirmed that the baby has started to drop and that I'm 1 cm dilated.

Following the appointment, Jon and I stopped over at Bella Luna in our 3rd attempt to find a store front that carries cloth diapers. We once again struck out! This store DOES have AIOs but that is it and a very limited selection. So....we are just taking the plunge and buying some this week and will start practicing folding with you tube videos!! :) We also splurged a bit and had dinner at Whiskey Creek which was delicious while we waited for our final child prep class.

This last session was on breastfeeding, and we both found it so helpful and interesting! The ladies leading the classes do such a great job at fielding questions and sharing the information! We really appreciated all the content over the last 6 weeks! We feel so much more prepared even though we know there is much to learn in the coming days, months, years, decades!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment