Thursday, May 24, 2012

Can it be???

Wow - 11 days until Baby VK is set to join us! This is such an interesting time in pregnancy! The last week or so, I've definitely noticed my body slowing down! I'm sooo tired by the time mid afternoon hits, and just lacking in motivation! So glad Jon and I knocked out most of our to do list this last weekend! That was the goal - get 'er done and spend the last two weeks relaxing! So, that is pretty much what we've done :) It's more and more difficult to get comfortable at night, but once I get settled in, all is well. I'd been sleeping great until about a week ago when my body decided that the prime time for sleep was between 9:30-2:30. So more often than not since then, I've been awake sometime between 2-4, sometimes able to sleep a bit more, and sometimes not. Thankfully, I've been able to sleep until closer to 5 two out of the last 3 nights! love it!

My 38 week check up was on Monday, and let me just say that I'm SUPER excited that I won't have to drive from Phillipsburg to Hays and back to Stockton again by myself while pregnant! It was Jon's last week of school, so he couldn't make this appointment with me. Let me just tell you, waking up at 3:30am, leaving for work at 6:30 and then driving that distance, running errands, and driving home sure wore me out! I probably sound like a baby, but seriously, I was done for when I got home about 6 that night lol! Poor Jon! I could hardly even hold a conversation - just wanted food, quiet and sleep :)

My appointment was typical. In & out! No new progression, baby's head is dropped, and come again next week. I was bummed though because the weekly appointments have been nice, and now I have to wait a week and a half!! :) Thanks Memorial Day and doc's Surgery Day!! :) It's really fine and maybe there will be more progress since there are more days between visits! The bright side is that I have Monday off, and will be gone half of Wednesday, so my work week will fly by! I'm ready to be done!!

Jon finished up with school yesterday and is very excited to be done! He only has to go in for a bit this morning to wrap up some things in his room, and he's set! What a great first year he had!! We're so grateful and I'm so proud of him! He'll get to see two of his students a handful of times over the summer for some ongoing support, and he's looking forward to that! Otherwise, he'll no doubt be birding as much as possible, sleeping in as much as possible, and relaxing as much as possible every day between now and baby's arrival :) So jealous!! Bonus for me - he's also taking over all dinners until the foreseeable future!! He already cooks a couple nights a week which is awesome, but I've been looking forward to not having to cook when I get home from work - especially given how tired I've been lately!! :) I know he's looking forward to any visitors willing to cook once the baby comes so he can have a break - lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment