Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Quick Status Update

Alrighty, so yesterday marked full term at 37 weeks! Exciting milestone to reach :) It was also my first of what is to be weekly appointments until baby arrives! So, no big news from the doctor appointment. I'm still 1 cm and baby's head is down - so that is good news! The doc said that about 85% of women deliver before 40 weeks, but I'm just planning to go after June 4 so I don't get my hopes up :) Baby's heart rate was 137 and I measured at 38 weeks. I feel big enough to be about 45 weeks :) Okay, not really, but I am beginning to feel very pregnant!

Thankfully, I am still sleeping pretty well after I get settled into position unless I wake to my hubby puking at 2:45 in the morning!! Okay - that was just Sunday night - poor guy! Thankfully he is well now! It's becoming more difficult to roll over at night or crawl out of bed. Jon has been giving me a massage at least every couple of days if not every day, and that has helped a ton! Just this week I've started to notice some swelling in my hands just because my ring won't easily slide off my finger, but it is minimal and might be worse because of the warmer weather we've been starting to get. I'm trying to drink a lot of water and keep moving to fight the swelling!

UPDATE ON BECOMING AN AUNT/UNCLE!!
If you didn't already know, Caitlin, my sister, is due on May 26! She is having a sweet little girl and she and her husband James are super excited! They are going to make awesome, fun parents and we are pumped for them! Baby Njogu is making some progress towards entering the world. Cait has another appointment this week, but at her last visit she was already 75% effaced, at station -2 and 3 cm dilated! She's also been having some false labor so her body is definitely starting to prepare for the big day! Cait was hoping for the 16th, but unless things kick into gear, it looks like she'll be closer to her actual due date :)

Alright - I better get moving this morning so I make it to work on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment