Friday, September 14, 2012

Mitten Pride

Pride, that is something that, without a doubt, so many of the people I came across in GR possessed.  Pride in their city and usually pride in their state!

I love LOVE Grand Rapids!  And I LOVE Michigan!  When I took a week long summer trip to the great state with my grandparents to check out some schools, I instantly fell in love with its beauty!  And, in the 7 years I lived there, I hardly scratched the surface of what the mitten has to offer!  Here are two fun and awesome tributes to GR and the Mitten produced by Rob Bliss.

The Grand Rapids LipDub



There is so much Jon and I love about GR and the Mitten:
-gorgeous trees, water, wildlife
-great breweries and beers
-farmers markets
-amazing, locally owned restaurants that use local produce/products
-access to parks
-nature centers
-hockey, football, baseball

just to name a handful!  We hope to have more time to explore the amazing creation in the Mitten over the years, and hope that Kincaid loves it as much as we do!  

While there is so much to explore and love about Michigan, we also have an opportunity to explore and love KS.  It is such a different state in so many ways, but I grew up LOVING so many things about the  Sunflower State !  Things and experiences that I want to recapture and pass on to Jon and Kincaid!  So, I hope to begin to highlight some of our adventures here in KS and that you'll grow to at least appreciate, if not love, our state, too!  

If you live in or have visited KS, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know what some of your favorites are so that we can get fresh ideas and capture more of what others love about Kansas, too!  So, have at it!  What are your top 3 things/places/activities in Kansas that you love?? We'll give you a shout out when we do those things, too :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment