Wednesday, September 26, 2012

365 Day Journey


A year ago today, I awoke to face the start of my 29th year.  A year ago today, we were just a few weeks into our lives as Kansans.  We were still getting settled in to our place.  Jon and I had just zipped out to CO to see Jada, take in the beautiful Rockies, and enjoy some delicious brews at Avery.  A year ago today, Jon was 2 weeks into his new job and his first year as a Speech Path, while I was diligently working to wrap up my job in MI and starting to think about a new job in KS.   A year ago today, Jon worked his one and only late night on my 28th birthday getting home at 8 pm (thanks Parent-Teacher Conference!! Hehe)  A year ago today, I got brave enough to pee on a stick, and a year ago today, I saw a + as I nervously peered once, twice and then a third time at that stick

A year ago today, I got to welcome my hubby home and tell him the most exciting (and nerve-racking) news about our baby.  Even as I sit here, my eyes well up recalling the emotions of that day!  What a day!  What a way to start a new year!  How blessed! 

A year ago today, as we celebrated the new life God was molding, I had no idea what the next year would hold.  Duh! Right?! :) None of us do!  But seriously, at that moment in time, in the midst of several new transitions already, we were about to embark on an even greater journey into parenthood!  So amazing and scary for me in that moment! 

Recently, while Jon and I were riding in the car, we started to reflect on the last year.  We’ve experienced so much in the last year, and for me, it’s been the most significant amount of change I can ever recall experiencing in a 12 month period.  IN 12 months, we:

·         Decided to move
·         Packed up a house and moved 1 month later
·         Became landlords
·         Jon graduated
·         I ended a job
·         We both started new jobs
·         Got pregnant
·         Took 5 out of state trips ranging from 3 days to two weeks to Colorado, Michigan and Iowa
·         Had a baby
·         Lost three grandparents
·         Funded 3 financially significant repairs at our place in GR

What a whirlwind of a year full of so many joys, some deep sadness and many emotions in between!  We’ve also had the opportunity to watch dear friends and family as their own families expanded; we’ve prayed for family and friends suffering from illness; celebrated as families were united; we’ve struggled with the joys and challenges of parenthood, and the list goes on! 

The sermon this last week focused on Esther and her steadfast faith in the Lord.  She had great faith that He would deliver her and her people, and she trusted him enough that even He chose not to deliver them in the way she was praying for, that she continued to have faith in Him.  This keeps running through my mind as I face small struggles on a daily basis, as I reflect on our journey over the last year, and I’m praying that when the time comes, as it always does, that I face a situtation that seems too great to bear, that I too will take that situation prayerfully to the Lord for deliverance and make it known that I will trust Him regardless of the outcome.  What an incredible journey we've had these last 365+ days!! Love all the lessons that came with joy and sadness, smiles and tears!

My journey this morning started off with a happy birthday kiss from my hubby in a warm safe home, followed by a snuggle with our handsome, healthy and happy 3 month old.  I was then delivered my favorite breakfast of 2 eggs over medium with ww toast and a piping hot cup of joe!  How blessed am I to start off my birthday and 30th year with these amazing guys!!! 

love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment