Saturday, August 18, 2012

Here's to Week 2!

Exercise.... not something I've done much of consistently since high school.  I've been fortunate that I've been able to fairly easily manage a healthy body without devoting a lot of time to exercising.  I've had phases in the past 10 years where I've found the motivation and dedication to exercise, but it's continued to be for only short periods of time!  

When we moved to KS, I decided that I'd like to run a 5K, and that I'd start jogging/getting into shape.....next week, and then the next week, and then the NEXT week, and so on.  THEN I got pregnant; THEN it was winter; THEN it was spring and beautiful but I was too pregnant; THEN it was getting HOT and I was due any day.  You get the picture!  I am great at putting it off and coming up with REALLY good reasons NOT to exercise :)

Well, not long after I had Kincaid, I decided I really DID want to start exercising and working towards running a 5K.  7 weeks after having Caid, I returned to work, and when a customer asked if I was still pregnant, I decided I needed to get my booty in gear! :) So, I'll be running in a TurkeyTrot this fall, and I recruited my mom (already a runner) to keep me accountable and to run with me!  I downloaded Couch-to-5K onto my Ipod, and with my mom's help, made it through day one last Saturday when she visited!  

Since she doesn't exactly live around the corner, I recruited my awesome neighbor Shellie (sorry if you don't like your name spelled this way :) hehe) to help me stay on track and run with me!  Today we started week 2 of the 9 week 5K training and it felt great!  I was ready to back out this morning even though it is a beautiful, cool, perfect day to run!  You know, there is cleaning, laundry, baby snuggling, and that sort of thing to do :) BUT we loaded all the kiddos into the car, and headed to the track! 

It was a great 30 minutes and all was made possible because of these too beautiful and sweet girls who took care of Caid while Shellie and I jogged!  Kincaid adores them and smiled/talked to them on the drive home!! 

Jenna, Kincaid & McKenzie

Thanks girls!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment