Sunday, December 16, 2012

Merry -Almost- Christmas!

We had our first Christmas of 2012 today, and it was awesome!

I got to put my new skills to practice after my Thanksgiving lesson from Grandma, and I think the results were pretty positive!  

The Turkey turned out nice and juicy, stuffing from scratch, appetizers, gravy, corn and homemade dinner rolls.  I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out and I had a lot of fun getting it all together!  

While everything was quite tasty, Jon did provide the quote of the day, "I don't think I've ever seen something that looks so much like dog food but tastes so good."  He was referencing my homemade stuffing lol.  It really wasn't the most appetizing by looks, but it did have some great flavor!  He said it's a keeper :)

My favorite part was baking biscotti last night with Jon! It turned out delicious and we had fun!

Special Thank You to Kathy for her hard working doing ALL of the dishes after lunch! 

Here are a few snapshots of our day! 

Afternoon snack with Great Grandma!


"I love you Uncle Tyson"


"Aunt Kathy is so fun, and don't I look so cute in my new Christmas clothes from Great Gma?!?"



"You're close!  Keep guessing!" - Gma's first time playing Catch Phrase



"You know it's by the door....."

"and it's a flat rectangle."

"I'm so sleepy, but this game is awesome."

 POSER 

 Looking good in Wildcat gear!  EMAW


"I know that it's 4pm and I haven't slept since 9am, but I really am not tired!"


We had a great time today, and are so blessed by these amazing people!  So grateful for the time we have with our loved ones, and for our Lord and Savior!  Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment