Friday, March 21, 2014

Deceived!

That's right...duped, cried wolf, tricked, deceived!  That is what my body did to me yesterday!  After over an hour of what I thought were contractions averaging about 6 mins apart, not Braxton Hicks, we decided it was the real deal and headed to the hospital.  We arrived, got settled in for observation and waited.  After an hour, the nurse came in and, while the contractions/BH did continue 4-6 minutes apart, there was no change in dilation or effacement (stats: dilatation: 3; station: -1; effacement: 50%), which left us the choice to stick around a little longer or head home.  So, we opted to head home and continue the waiting game!  Thankfully, dad had come up to hang with Kincaid for the day and he had graciously agreed to stick around until we got home!  It made a late night for him, but we were so grateful that Kincaid could stay snuggled in bed rather than having to be toted along for the ride.  

I had my 40 week appointment today, and since Jon is on spring break, we all got to go again!  Awesome news is that there was some progress!  Stats as of today: dilation: 4 and can stretch to 5; effacement: 50-60%; station: -2.  So, it feels as if it could be any day, but I've felt that for awhile and reality is it could easily be mid next week!  I have another appointment scheduled for Wednesday - 2 days past due date, and was told that at that point, we'd start discussions on being induced.  The nurse also said I can call at any time to get scheduled for an induction, but I'm going to opt to wait it out and let things progress on their own for now.  

So, I guess I'm thankful to have gone in last night even though we didn't bring baby home today!  It's encouraging to see the progress in 24 hours and I know that it is just a matter of time before we are holding the newest little miracle...plus, another full night of sleep (as full as they can be at 9 mths preggo) won't hurt either!  

Here's to hoping the next update is to announce our sweet little gift from God!


No comments:

Post a Comment