Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting...

Well, here it is 2 days after my due date! Jon and I recently cast our predictions for when Baby VK would arrive, and so far, I'm wrong and he still has a chance! I went with my due date, June 4. Seemed like a great day, and I felt like history was on my side. My mom told me that my grandma had my Uncle David (her 1st) on his due date, and my mom had me (her 1st) on my due date. Soo... I felt like it was a strong track record :) Obviously, I was wrong, and it instead went to Cait to have Zayley (her 1st) on her due date :) Jon on the other hand went a couple days over, choosing June 6. Well here it is, June 6, and he just might have hit the nail on the head!

Since Friday, I've been having what I guess are Braxton Hicks consistently enough and with no pain or discomfort. I was feeling pretty good about that and glad for the progress my body seemed to be making. However, when Monday rolled around and there didn't really seem to be any other indicator, I started to get impatient! I then decided that I just am going to plan to be in this for the long haul, and if baby comes, then baby comes and it is the Lord's timing!! That has helped! Nights have been the worst the last few days because of the belly and difficulty changing positions, but also because of the anticipation of contractions!

Okay - back to Jon possibly hitting the nail on the head. I woke up at 2:30 this morning to what seemed to be a contraction and with pain this time. I started timing them at about 3:00am and finally got up to eat a few crackers and grab some water. Jon joined me about 4:30 when he realized I'd been out of bed awhile, and we've been timing the contractions since then. From what we can tell so far, it's false labor. However, there are some indicators that suggest real labor is near. So - we'll see if June 6 is the day or not :)

Jon has been adorable these last few days, and just is so excited to have the baby here! It's been so great to have the last couple of weeks with a clean house, projects done and just to have lots of R & R with Jon before the baby arrives! We are so blessed and can't wait for our new addition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment