Monday, January 16, 2012

Unexpected Gift

This year, I turned 28! Yikes!! haha! I certainly don't feel like I've lived 28 years, and I'm pretty sure in my younger days, I envisioned my life a bit differently when I reached the old age of 28! :) However, I wouldn't change much about my journey, and am incredibly grateful for the beautiful people I've met over the years! Well, this year, we took a long weekend trip to Colorado to see Jada who was visiting some friends there.

It was an awesome trip with hiking, mountains, and friends! Jon and I had a nice balance of time together and time with Jada. One of our favorite things to do when we go on any trip, is to check out a local brewery or to buy beers brewed in that area. SO, being that Avery was right there in town, Jon and I went on a tour, followed by dinner and a number of delicious Avery brews! We also were gifted a free night in an amazing hotel by one of my mom's friends! All in all, it was a great gift to be in a beautiful environment with my hubby and to see one of my besties, Jada! Couldn't ask for much more for my 28th Birthday!

Little did I know, I was in store for an expected and amazing gift! I started out the day working from home as usual, and bummed that of all days, Jon had parent-teacher conferences and wouldn't be home until 8pm instead of his usual 4:10pm. Well, as the day went on, I was thinking more and about taking a pregnancy test, so I went ahead and did, not believing that it would come back positive. Well, much to my surprise, IT DID! What an awesome, shocking change of events! I couldn't wait to tell J when he got home, and we are both so thrilled to be welcoming our new baby!! While the doc gave us a due date of June 4, I'm still going with June 3, the original calculation given by a very reliable baby website :) You never know, maybe Jon will share his bday with our baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment