Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lazy Day Sunday

Minus that fact that we missed church this morning (no worries, we'll catch an Ada sermon online this afternoon; we sure miss that church!) and the wind is already blowing like crazy, today is off to a great start! Jon got to sleep in a bit, which he loves, and we're seeing Dad, Tyson and Kathy this afternoon! SO - I've been up all morning catching up on chores, making White Chicken Chili (check out the recipe by clicking on "Family Recipes" in the toolbar on the left), relaxing with my hubby and getting stuff ready to move around when they get here!

We're going to meet them at the Carousel Bakery for lunch to celebrate Dad's 50th Birthday! It will be delicious and fun to hang out, though we'll miss having Donna here, too! She went with Sam and Deb this weekend to pick out Sam's wedding dress! She's getting married in July and is going to make a beautiful bride! I can't wait to celebrate with her! Thanks to Facebook - I also know that she found a dress, which I'm sure she looks stunning in!

Anyways, in addition to being very excited to see Dad, Tyson and Kathy, I'm also super pumped because they're delivering some fun baby gear!! While I'm sure Jon is dreading all the arranging and rearranging of furniture that is in his future, I can't wait!! :) AND, since he is the amazing hubby and man that he is, he'll still do it happily...most of the time :) Today, we're getting an old bedroom set that we'll use in a guest room - which I'm sure all future guests will appreciate since their current options are 1-sofa, 2-floor For the baby room, they're delivering a dresser, rocker, bassinet and changing table - all from generous family members who are no longer using the items!

We are so blessed, and I can't wait to see the room start to come together!

Who knows what unexpected events the day will hold....maybe Lena & Wessam will welcome Avala ? Mekhael to their family and we can CELEBRATE with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment