Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cool Mommy Moment

So....today was the perfect day for a cool mommy moment!  It's my last day of maternity leave and I'm really bummed to have to return to work tomorrow!  I am so thankful for a job that I enjoy and for the income, but I'm so sad to be leaving my little guy!  I really feel that I'm meant to be a full time mom, but that just isn't in the cards for our family right now.  We are praying about how that can happen at some point, so until then, I'm trying to make the best of where we are right now!

Now for the cool mommy moment!  While we were driving home this morning, Caid woke up and was very hungry.  The problem was that we were still 40 minutes from Stockton.  He was crying his "I'm really hungry and now getting mad" cry, and being tired and hungry ourselves, we were struggling with the drive/crying baby.  Thanks to Jon, I finally thought to grab my iPod.  Just this last week, I'd recorded a video of Caid smiling as I sang a song to him.  I quick pulled up the video, pressed play and just like that, he calmed down.  I repeated it several times and then we didn't hear another peep from him until we got home!  What a cool moment to have Caid hear my voice singing to him and be instantly soothed!  I feel so blessed and overwhelmed by the connection that parents have with their children!  So thankful for my awesome hubby and our precious little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment